Safety Alert 015: BEKO gas cooker product range modification

An inquest has concluded into the deaths of five people from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a faulty seal on the grill of a gas cooker. The inquest at the Cornwall Coroner’s Court heard that fatal levels of CO could build up inside the grill if it was used when closed because of a design fault with the rubber door seal.

BEKO and Gas Safe Register issued Safety Alert 015 in August 2014, to raise awareness among gas engineers of the need to identify and modify the grill compartment on a number of BEKO, Leisure and Flavel cookers. This Safety Alert is current and available, and details the specific models and serial numbers affected, along with the actions that Gas Safe registered engineers should take if they encounter any of these models.

You can read and download the Safety Alert here SA 015 – BEKO gas cooker product range modification or by logging into your online account at