Female gas engineer showing Gas Safe ID card to customer

Send your old ID card back to Gas Safe for recycling

You can now send your expired ID card to Gas Safe Register to be recycled securely. The Register wants to thank everyone who suggested this – it’s clear that reducing the environmental impact of domestic waste is important to you and your feedback has been invaluable.

Gas Safe ID cards are made from tough polyvinyl chloride (PVC) so that they’re durable, but this poses recycling challenges. However, Gas Safe Register has been working with a recycling company to turn the cards into pellets, which will then be used to produce electrical energy.

How to return your expired ID card
Check your registration renewal welcome letter. A freepost envelope has been included for you: just pop your card into the envelope and return it to Gas Safe Register.

If you’ve misplaced the envelope or you renewed your registration recently and didn’t receive one (a small number of invitations were issued before the initiative went live) please get in touch and Gas Safe will send an envelope to you. You can email Gas Safe at: register@gassaferegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500.

If you’re a large business with many expired cards, you can return the cards using any suitably sized envelope. Please post them to: FREEPOST RUCB–LSHZ–CSAE, Gas Safe ID Card Recycling, PO Box 599, Darlington, DL1 9DN
• If you have any suggestions for future improvements from Gas Safe Register, please do get in touch via email at: register@gassaferegister.co.uk

Related Articles