The Gas Industry Unsafe Situation Procedure (IGEM/G/11) has been updated and is ready for industry comment, and IGEM is seeking feedback from Gas Safe engineers.
The revised document includes the following:
• Clarification of what to report under RIDDOR
• ID situations that are not reportable under RIDDOR
• When and how to report under RIDDOR
• How to report unsafe situations due to poor workmanship that are not RIDDOR
• Reporting of theft of gas/meter tampering/interference of an LPG vessel
• Updates to the situation tables and associated notes
• Update to visual risk assessment of gas appliances.