Gas Safe Register's Rob Denman being interviewed on BBC One's Morning Live on the importance of getting gas appliances safety checked

Gas Safe’s TV warning over CO dangers

Around 6 million BBC TV viewers have been reminded to make sure they get their gas appliances safety checked by a registered gas engineer this winter. Gas Safe Register’s Rob Denman, who is head of Professional and Field Services, was interviewed on BBC One’s Morning Live on Friday 3 November, and explained to viewers why they should get their appliances checked, to get a CO alarm, what the signs and symptoms of CO poisoning are, and what to do if their alarm goes off or they suspect CO.

The programme also heard from Gordon Samuel, who founded the Katie Haines Memorial Trust after the death of his daughter in 2010 when carbon monoxide leaked from a faulty boiler into her bathroom. “I think of her every day,” said Gordon, who set up the charity to raise awareness of the dangers of the deadly gas.

The programme also featured the experience of Kirsty, who says that the charity’s work saved her own life when the flue of her Aga became blocked and her CO alarm activated.

Related Articles