Vaillant and Glow-worm are turning to digital and online training and business advice to support gas engineers.Engineers can sign up for free, online training courses on some of the industry’s hottest topics, including the decarbonisation of heat in buildings, hydrogen and other green gases, and the use of plate heat exchangers in commercial systems.
The company has also added Business Support Clinics to its online learning portfolio. The 2020 clinics include a new team of experts to offer advice on issues affecting the trade in a series of hour-long interactive webinars. Members of the Vaillant Advance or Glow-worm Club Energy loyalty programmes can register and receive the advice for free.
Although Vaillant and Glow-worm’s Centres of Excellence are temporarily closed, the online courses aim to replicate the experience of on-site training.Gas engineerscan register their interest by filling out an online form or speaking to their area sales manager. Sessions currently on offer include:
• Decarbonisation of Heat & Low Carbon Technologies: Introduction to low carbon technologies and their role in decarbonising heat in buildings
• Heating’s Dirty Little Secret: An overview of commercial heating and system separation using plate heat exchangers
• Hydrogen: The role of green gas in the decarbonisation of heat. Introduction to hydrogen and the role that green gases will play in decarbonising heat in buildings
• Water quality: The importance of water quality and introduction to best practice techniques including changes to BS7953
• Business Clinics: Covering a range of business-related topics from safety advice and business resilience during these challenging times to how to work remotely, marketing strategy, optimising revenue and much more
• Vaillant Controls Overview: Introduction to controls; outline of features & benefits, connecting to product/system; App-based use – set-up and optimisation
• Energy Product Overview: Overview of range, key features and benefits, specification outline. Commissioning & set-up.
Vaillant and Glow-worm plan to increase the frequency of online sessions and cover a wider range of topics, including courses on how to install, maintain and commission its flagship product ranges like the ecoTEC exclusive.
They have also partnered with a variety of industry experts to offer business advice: these concise, hour-long sessions will provide helpful tips and guidance, supported by business-related resources on the Vaillant and Glow-worm loyalty schemes.
Spencer Clark, commercial director at Vaillant Group, says: “These are difficult times for everyone, but our commitment at Vaillant and Glow-worm is to support our loyal installers as best as we can. The self-employed are among those who have been hit hardest by the uncertainty around COVID-19 and so we wanted to offer e-learning sessions to support our installers and help them to gain valuable knowledge. They’re completely free and are just some of the many support initiatives that we will be rolling out over the next few months and beyond.”