The role of the Technical Support Officer is to provide technical information and gas safety advice to all stakeholders and the general public so that safety standards are maintained and improved to ensure that Gas Safe Register is promoted throughout the gas industry, associated trades and the general public.
What you’ll be doing:
- Respond efficiently to telephoned, written and e-mailed enquiries on, gas, associated building industries and Nationally Accredited Certification Scheme for Individual Gas Fitting Operatives (ACS) from stakeholders and the general public, providing high quality answers both in writing and orally so that gas safety awareness is increased, and legislation complied with.
- Provide accurate technical support and advice to other Gas Safe Register departments to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and industry related normative documents.
- Manage the process of researching, compiling, writing and editing the production of technical articles, technical publications and bulletins, to ensure technical accuracy and consistency in order to maintain high standards.
- Provide cover for Technical Officers in other areas as required to maintain Company service standards.
- Constantly review and provide technical information taking into account industry changes and technical standards.
What we’re looking for:
- City and Guilds/NVQ in gas service engineering.
- Appropriate Accredited Certification Scheme proof of competence (ACS assessments).
- Broad knowledge of gas industry gained through at least 8 years’ post-qualification experience.
- Ability to gather data and research so that effective decision-making processes can be applied.
- Excellent understanding of health and safety, Building Regulations and other legislation.
- Strong prioritising, co-ordination, time management skills and the ability to work under significant pressure.
- Appreciation of issues affecting gas installation businesses.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary.
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27)with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks… and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health and wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
About Gas Safe Register
Capita Gas Registration and Ancillary Services Ltd (CGRAS) is the provider of the registration service for gas installation businesses in Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man. The Gas Safe Register is a service concession granted to Capita by the Health & Safety Executive GB, HSE NI and HSWI Isle of Man.
More information and apply here.