Gas Safe Register is recruiting for an Inspector in the South Norfolk/North Suffolk area. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a team that monitors and improves gas safety nationwide.
What you’ll be doing • Carry out and complete inspection targets identified through HSE criteria and corporate objectives.
• Complete inspections against the Gas Industry Statutory and Normative documents and internal operating procedures.
• Liaise with registered businesses to ensure any defects identified are understood and competed to standard and within timescale.
• Ensure inspection reports are completed within a Service Level Agreement and to the standard required.
• Ensure the appropriate course of action is taken when unsafe gas work is found through the inspection process.
• Ensure consumer expectation is managed at all times.
• Ensure registered business expectation is managed at all times.
What we’re looking for • Must hold valid ACS certificates including CCN1, CENWAT1, CKR1, CPA1, HTR1. Ideally the applicant will have additional ACS certificates in LPG, Non Domestic & Catering.
• City and Guilds Gas Service Engineer (or equivalent).
• City & Guilds 6084 Certificate in Energy Efficiency or equivalent.
• Understanding of Health & Safety, Building Regulations, other related codes and normative documents, including ability to risk assess environments.
• Relevant Auditor qualification (D32/A1) or equivalent would be a desirable addition.
• Regularly maintain technical knowledge and industry awareness through CPD.
• Appreciation of issues affecting gas, plumbing, electrical and H&V installation businesses.
• Ability to use tools and undertake any appropriate tests and checks during inspection work, ie, be physically fit to work on all types of gas meters, pipework and appliances low (on floor), medium (at kitchen cupboard heights) and higher levels (use of step and extendable ladders).
What’s in it for you? • Competitive salary plus company car and fuel card.
• 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
• The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
• Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks… and plenty more.
• Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
• Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
Gas Safe Register is an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We’re committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone.
If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you’d like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07784 237318 and we’ll get back to you.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
YouTube sets this cookie via embedded YouTube videos and registers anonymous statistical data.
1 year 1 month 4 days
Google Analytics sets this cookie to calculate visitor, session and campaign data and track site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognise unique visitors.
Google Analytics sets this cookie to store a unique user ID.
1 year 1 month 4 days
Google Analytics sets this cookie to store and count page views.
Google Analytics sets this cookie to store information on how visitors use a website while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Some of the collected data includes the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.