The Strategic Management Board (SMB) is looking for an independent chair for an initial term of two years.
The chair’s role and responsibilities include:
• Agree agendas for SMB meetings with the Standard Setting Body
• Chair and facilitate quarterly meetings and any extraordinary meetings as and when they arise, ensuring and monitoring that decisions taken at meetings are implemented
• Ensure compliance with the terms of reference and governance procedures when ratifying recommendations from the Standards Consultation Forum
• Encourage participation from all members during meetings
• Bring impartiality and objectivity to decision-making
• Represent the SMB at functions and meetings where required
• Act as a spokesperson with key stakeholders.
The SMB ensures gas engineers are safe and competent by maintaining the Matters of Gas Safety assessment requirements, covered in the Nationally Accredited Certification Scheme (ACS) and other routes to Gas Safe registration. It also maintains training requirements, covered in the Standards of Training in Gas Work (IGEM IG/1) and associated IGEM training specifications.
The position is not remunerated.
Closing date for applications is 15 February 2023.
You can find out more about the role, its requirements and how to apply here.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
YouTube sets this cookie via embedded YouTube videos and registers anonymous statistical data.
1 year 1 month 4 days
Google Analytics sets this cookie to calculate visitor, session and campaign data and track site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognise unique visitors.
Google Analytics sets this cookie to store a unique user ID.
1 year 1 month 4 days
Google Analytics sets this cookie to store and count page views.
Google Analytics sets this cookie to store information on how visitors use a website while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Some of the collected data includes the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.