This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the county’s leading independent schools. Blundell’s School are situated in over 200 acres of stunning grounds on the outskirts of Tiverton in Mid Devon. Inspiring pupils to succeed in the classroom and beyond, we offer outstanding facilities and deliver high academic standards.
We are looking to recruit an experienced, hands on, proactive and professional Commercial Gas Engineer to join our maintenance team. This will include responsibility for statutory compliance testing, servicing and repairs of commercial and domestic boilers and appliances as well as general plumbing works and project installations. The role may also include some training and mentoring of junior staff as required.
The post covers a wide variety of areas and requires considerable breadth of knowledge, adaptability and flexibility.
Hours of work are 8.00 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Friday with weekend work and call outs on a rota basis.
Experience of maintenance works and installation works within old buildings is essential.
Commercial gas engineer qualification should include:
- NVQ2 in plumbing
- COCN1 – Core commercial gas safety or CODC1 – Change over Core Gas Safety Domestic to Commercial
- TPCP1A – Testing & Purging Pipework up to 6″ (150mm)
- TPCP1 – Testing & Purging Pipework over 6″ (150mm)
- ICPN1 – Installation of Pipework in excess of 35mm
- CIGA1 – Indirect Gas Fired Appliances and Warm Air Heaters
- CDGA1 – Direct Fired Commercial Appliances
- Maintenance of the plumbing, heating and hot water services
- Energy Management
- Plant controls including Trend BMS
- Planning and budgeting minor works
- Preventative and Reactive Maintenance Programmes
- Project managing internal works and external contractors
- Knowledge of plant control desirable.
To be “on call” for emergencies. Call out work is paid overtime.
OUTLINE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Salary Scale: Circa £34,000 subject to skills, qualifications and experience.
Working Year/Hours: 40 hours per week. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break. Weekend work (one Saturday in three, term time only) and call outs on a rota basis.
Benefits: The School will pay for ongoing commercial gas training as necessary. Use of Blundell’sSports Facilities. A free meal is usually available at lunchtime in the School dining hall on weekdays when the kitchens are open. Defined contribution pension scheme.
Please note we are a no smoking site.
To apply for this position
A letter of application, a completed application form and brief c.v., including names, addresses & telephone numbers of two referees, should be sent to Recruitment, Blundell’s School, Tiverton, Devon EX16 4DT
Blundell’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.