Innovative, Sustainable, Reliable
As a market leader in providing energy efficient heating and ventilation solutions, Johnson & Starley has an impressive portfolio of products. These include QuanTec gas boilers with PFGHR (passive flue gas heat recovery), and the new WarmCair range of high efficiency condensing Warm Air Heaters.
With environmental issues and climate change an important factor, we have developed a range of HIU (Heat Interface Units) available with or without domestic hot water.
An extensive range of ventilation products, including mechanical ventilation with heat recovery, passive ventilation and extract ventilation providing a solution for every application.
We are looking for a talented Gas Safe Registered Engineer to join our field based technical service team as, although our products are very reliable, our boilers being voted ‘most reliable’ in a recent consumer survey, sometimes a little expert help is required to keep up this standard.
Main Duties will be:
- To attend to service and breakdown work as a representative of the company, working efficiently to solve any problems and to ensure service provision for all customers in a timely and safe manner.
- Planning your calls based on priorities and locations.
- Correctly identify boiler faults and carry out rectification work using equipment provided and ordering spare parts where necessary, maintaining vehicle stock of spare parts.
- Liaise with the resource planner/deployment specialist, parts assistant and call centre, local office staff with regards to further actions on calls.
- To work in line with current regulations and legislation.
- To ensure risk assessments are adhered to.
- Carry out 121 training of installers and service engineers as required in support of the J&S sales team.
- Ensure reporting on work carried out is completed to agreed timescales.
You will have ACS qualifications as well as:
- Live in the Coventry/Birmingham/Rugby/Leicester Area and be prepared to travel outside this area
- Sound knowledge of Building and Gas regulations
- Ability to read both electrical and engineering drawings
- Experience of servicing/maintaining and fault finding with heating and ventilation equipment
- Excellent communication skills – confident with interacting at all levels with empathy towards customer’s needs, along with the ability to train others
- Full Driving licence – Van supplied
- Excellent attendance record
Salary and Benefits Package:
- Salary in the region of £26,000 depending on experience
- Vehicle and fuel provided for company use, can be extended to private use
- 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Mobile phone for company use provided
- Free Life Insurance
- Free BUPA Welplan Employee helpline
- Company Profit Share Bonus scheme
- Company workwear
- Normal working week Monday to Friday
For full Job Description see the careers section at www.johnsonandstarley.co.uk
To apply, send a CV, covering letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org